Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WE ALL WANNA LOOK GOOD

So I'm here in Amsterdam visiting family! Seeing that I'm a hair stylist being away from my chair for 2 months has been driving me crazy, so nervously I decided to go to a local salon here and see if they would allow me to assist in any way. Honestly I didn't care if all they needed me to do was sweep, I just needed to be around HAIR! Thankfully they agreed! Now it's only been a couple of days and already I have had quite the experience...first of all I don't speak the native language (lol), secondly although I'm familiar with the products being used I have become so use to the products at the salon I'm employed in back home, and thirdly it took me 20 mins to explain the hair coloring process today...something that would normally take 3 mins if I were in the states. Needless to say, this is making me quite the well rounded person :-)

Today as I was watching a fellow hair stylist do his "magic", I noticed at the end of the service a look of discontent on the clients face. I couldn't understand much of anything that was being said but I sure could read the body language and in-fluctuations in their voices. I knew that she was displeased with the front portion of her hair. By the end of her visit she was happy. At the end of my observation I concluded that no matter where you are on this earth, no matter what language you speak, or what color skin you have...WE ALL WANNA LOOK GOOD :-)

3 comments:

  1. oh Ambie! you are amazing! I think it is awesome that you are able to travel so far and see that we as human race have so many similarities no matter how far. Embrace your experience...it is powerful. Thanks for sharing. ~Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you're drive and passion lady!! Keep doing wonderful things!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I will do my best.

    ReplyDelete