Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weather change=Hair change

So today I ran my fingers through my hair...ok pause, I can't run my fingers through my hair because it's an afro as you can see in the pic below, but I think you get what I'm saying. Ok resume :-) So I noticed it was a tad dry and not as shiny and it dawned on me that it's officially FALL! I know it's silly that my hair versus the leaves on the ground reminded me, but at least I know right? So with weather changes comes a few changes to your hair. During the cooler months our hair usually lacks moisture, which means our tresses should get a little more of our attention. For those of you who have a stylist (if not you can contact me, lol) be sure that you are getting deep conditioning treatments at minimum every 2 weeks and if your hair is really dry you can do it once a week for the first 4 weeks then follow the every 2 week plan. Redken offers the Chemistry shot which is amazing for all hair types. It is a conditioning treatment that can be customized to your hair's condition. For example, if your hair is dry and color treated there is a conditioning formula for that as well. Or if it's color treated and porous, dry and fine and frizzy...bottom line is, you'll be covered. Anasazi is a great line of hair products as well. They offer a professional hair mask that has always served me great hair justice! But keep in mind folks that these are professional products so your local drug store and/or beauty supply will not carry them; you will need to go see a professional stylist.
For those of you who like to try natural things and your lacking shine I have a little recipe for you. If you mix 1/2 cup of honey and 1/4 a cup of olive oil, leave it on for 15 mins with a plastic shower cap and preferably under a dryer or you can blow dry it yourself (leave it on for 30 mins if you do not have a dryer), then rinse. You will be left with a nice head of shiny hair! If your hair is fine and/or limp I wouldn't suggest that you try this formula because it will cause your hair to be weighed down. A dime size amount of shine serum would work great.

7 comments:

  1. Look at you girl.....like the hair whisperer!!! Lol But I definitely need to keep on top of my deep conditions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I'm not the hair whisperer (which was hilarious btw) but the little knowledge that I have I'll spread it like a wild fire! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips...do you have any recipes for those us with locs? honey may be a hard job at the shampoo bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Indigo! You can try olive oil, coconut oil, and lemon juice. This is a little more intense than the above treatment. Of course locs tend to lack moisture year round so I hope you find this something you can do often. If you are at home you can add egg to the recipe...egg may cause problems at the bowl as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm thanks Ambie! I will probably try with out the egg...lol I plan to trim soon so it will be easier to manage. May be contacting you for some color treatment. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete