Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spread the Love 2012!!!!

Hey everybody! I am back stateside and it feels great. While overseas I applied for an opportunity of a lifetime with Matrix. The name of this opportunity is "Spread the Love 2012". If I were to be chosen for this I would have the chance to tour the country going to an array of salons, meeting new people, and becoming a better stylist!!! As of now I am a semi finalist, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I want to share with Matrix as well as you all some things about me.

Why do I want to be a part of Spread the Love?
Spread the Love is the perfect opportunity for an individual like me. Anything that involves travel, hair, learning, growing, and meeting people was made for me to participate in! Education means a lot to me and I never want to stop learning. I realize the value of learning from people who are where you want to be and how helpful that is. 

What does it mean to be a hairdresser?
Being a hairdresser is so much more than hair. Honestly, most of the time it's not about the hair, but of course you have to make people look good. Through experiences I've learned that it's more about how you make a person feel. Hairdressers are therapist, friends, confidants, and more. We provide a place of peace and comfort...we really become whatever it is our client is in need of that day. Hairdressers change and enhances lives!!!!

What would your best friend say about you?
My best friend would say that I am compassionate, full of life, vibrant, loving, purpose driven, I have a wonderful sense of humor and I "pour into others". He would say that I want everyone to be their best and to feel loved, supported, and cared about. (his exact words...lol)

When do you feel most creative?
My creativity comes from a lot of things so I'm not sure that there's one thing that ignites it, but I love colors. I like art so when I see a nice piece of artwork I start to come alive creatively. Nature also inspires me. Moments that my mind is drawing a blank, listening to the right song seems to clear that up.

What is your favorite classic hair style and why?
My favorite classic hairstyle would have to be finger waves because it doesn't matter what year it is THEY WILL NEVER GET OLD! You can modernize them and make them current or keep the look in the 40's and still look hot. Love it.

No matter the outcome of this round of the Spread the Love Tour I am exceedingly happy to be a semi-finalist and I'll never stop living by the motto that you will never know unless you try!!!! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment